Candidates should have a strong technical background as a Network & Security Engineer with significant design, support, administration and implementation experience of network & security projects. You will be responsible of any necessary network & IT security implementations in accordance with the company's strategy and budget.
- Maintain, configure and administer company’s internal network which includes computer hardware, servers, systems software, applications software, routers, switches, firewalls, telephony appliances, and other network related equipment
- Conceptualization, design, plan, configure, deploy, implement and maintain organization’s network infrastructure (LAN and WAN) which include routers, switches, firewalls, telephony, access point, ISP connections (MPLS, IP-VPN, Lease line, SHDSL, IPLC, ADSL...)
- Design, implement and maintain IT security infrastructure with solutions such as firewalls, anti-virus anti-malware/ransomware solutions and intrusion detection/prevention systems, failover solutions.
- Actively protect information technology assets and infrastructure from external or internal threats by carrying out vulnerability assessment on IT devices and networks to ensure that it complies with statutory and regulatory requirements regarding information access, security and privacy
- Define and perform routine maintenance of the network disaster recovery plan with regular review to keep the corporate standard requirements in term of SLA. Perform backup including replication and restore drills. Plan and conduct periodic network disaster recovery test
- To develop the information security program such as ISO 27001 or other security standards across the organisation by identifying resources needed and collaborating with administrative staff to ensure proper development and management of the information security program/governance structure as per standards and in compliance/alignment with corporate security rules/objectives and to ensure that departments have fulfilled their information security responsibilities
- Devises, document and maintain the Information security/domain policies, architectures and access controls on servers, PC, shared resources and on the network as per standards. Maintain baseline security configurations for operating systems, applications, networking and telecommunications equipment. Integrate information security requirements into organizational processes.
- Identify network, system vulnerabilities and network assaults by reviewing firewall/IDS/IPS logs
- Investigate of any actual or potential information security incidents and make recommendations of appropriate solutions to eliminate or minimize their potential effects. Manage responses to information security incidents, perform an Information security incident investigation and conduct post-incident reviews. Provide periodic reporting on information security issues using monitoring/reporting tools.
- Enforce policy and standards compliance and analyze the effectiveness of information security controls and provide information security awareness and training ensure that employees are proficient with up-to-date IT security best practices
- Design network architecture and develop detailed cyber security designs, test and implement network solutions to pre-defined specifications with minimum disruption to the business by using test environments
- Perform risk analysis and make recommendation to increase the level of security and resilience of our LAN and WAN environment by protecting system boundaries, keeping computer systems and network devices hardened against attacks and securing highly sensitive data
- Analyses and implements solutions that take into consideration all the complexities and challenges involved. Records Configuration Release on the network and performs simulations, test network implementation and perform “live” changes
- Develop and maintain Standard Operating Procedures and other proper documentations for the network, information system environment, policies in place and other IT procedures.
- Conduct internal control testing as required by the CISO or Audit team for the periodical SOC (ISAE 3402, ISO 27001,..) report/s and liaise with employees to resolve any issues. Review the design and periodically test and document the internal controls
- Perform routine network startup and shutdown procedures, and maintain control records. Monitor network to ensure network availability to all system users and perform necessary maintenance to support network availability
- Provide user support, log and resolve issues within required turnaround times. Follows-up and ensures proper documentation after each support. Ensure that the PCs, servers and network are working optimally
- Performs audit and controls on IT and security systems ensuring that patches or updates are done correctly and make proper documentation. Ensure that the escalation process and response team knows as much as possible, as quickly as possible about security incidents
- Ensure follow up of IT operation management procedures including data security and backup procedures. Perform routine maintenance and backup on servers including backup/restore drills
- Evaluate new technologies (software and hardware) to improve network services, reliability, resilience, and performance and make recommendations
- Provides leadership to and active engagement with IT related projects, IT teams, professional services resources. Assist the manager in ensuring that the IT Infrastructure meets the business requirements such as assisting in the planning and development of improved service
- Perform other duties as directed by IT management. Performs other related duties as assigned or the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
- Degree or Master in ICT / Computer Science Engineering / IT security or equivalent
- Current CCNA/CCNP certificate level preferred
- Previous experience with Cisco equipment, Checkpoint, Multi-Protocol Label Switching (MPLS), BGP, HSRP, OSPF, VLANs, VTP, VPNs - GRE / IPSec and intervlan routing on Layer-3 switches will be a definite advantage
- Experience in system and network development, deployment, and support
- ISO 27001 / ISAE-3402, CEH, ECSA, CISM, CISSP or other relevant IT/Security Certification will be an advantage
- Experience in disaster recovery infrastructure and experience with VoIP technologies will be an advantage
- Minimum 3 years’ working experience in a similar position including IP Networks, multipoint WAN connectivity
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes
- Solid knowledge of TCP/IP, VPN, DHCP, DNS, routing, NAT, network security and firewall concepts is mandatory
- Knowledge of Security Software/Framework, risk assessment tools, technologies and methods
- Systematic approach to documentation and reporting and adherence to procedures and policies
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills with “can do” attitude to build on and improve the network & security infrastructure and effectiveness within the department
- Initiative - Manages work activities according to the changing priorities of the organisation
- Commitment and Collaboration - Consults colleagues, users and other stakeholders and acts accordingly in response to their concerns
- Analysis and innovation - Has the ability to step back and review the approach
- Good planning, Organisation skills and good analytical skills
- Ability to prioritise, schedule workload and to multi-task
- Ability to work under pressure and during odd hours to meet deadlines
- Solid teamwork and interpersonal skills.
1. Attractive pay package
2. Medical Insurance scheme
3. Performance Bonus
4. Training Opportunities
We encourage you to apply for this post through our website itself, myjob.mu and Careerhub.mu or by email : email@example.com
Working Hours (11:30-20:30/10:30-19:30), from Monday to Friday.